Rivers of Living Water

Rivers of Living Water
"Out of your innermost being will flow rivers of living water." John 7:38

Friday, July 30, 2010

The Favorable Day Of The Lord

Poor, brokenhearted, captive, prisoner, mourn, grieve, despair . . .

Good News, restored, free, released, favored, comforted, grace, praise

Rebuild, Restore, Renew

What a significant contrast is found in isaiah 61:1-4. The same scripture was used by Jesus in Luke 4:19-20 when He proclaimed that this 'favorable day of the LORD' had come. He ushered in Salvation, and everything intrinsic to such favor, by His redeeming love.

I know the day I accepted the gift of salvation. I was only 8 years old and the scene is as real to me today as it was when I was a child. While I know, and am confident in my eternal security in Christ, I am so aware that God has rebuilt, restored and/or renewed me many times in this life. He has turned my mourning into joy time and time again. He has bound up my broken heart when, really, it didn't seem possible. He has anointed me with gladness in the wake of great sorrow and despair. I am no longer held captive nor imprisoned by life's unexpected hurdles, for I know I am His loved and graced child. It is an amazing thought that He chooses to display His splendor through each of us who call Him LORD.

"I delight greatly in my LORD. My soul rejoices in my GOD for He has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of righteousness." Isaiah 61:6

I hesitate to post my thoughts most of the time, but this morning I sense God moving me to do so. Some of you may be feeling some or all of the emotions described by Isaiah - the ones that Christ came to redeem. My prayer for each of us this day, is that we walk in the joy provided for us on Calvary; that we embrace this day, The Favorable Day Of the LORD.

Lord, when I am lulled or lured into the mediocrity this world has to offer, when I am prone to cave in to my sorrows and trials, I pray for eyes to see, ears to hear, and the sensitivity to feel Your redeeming grace - Your rebuilding, restoring, renewing DAY BY DAY - grace. I pray You will display Your glory through me, throughout this day - this Favorable Day Of The LORD.

Go with God!
Faith Works!!

No comments:

Post a Comment